Flight Instructor Academy
SAA is creating the next generation of aviation educators, one instructor at a time.
Becoming a flight instructor is oftentimes the first step in a professional pilot career. As an instructor, you will gain invaluable experience that you will carry with you for your entire aviation career.
The SAA Flight Instructor Academy begins with the Certified Flight Instructor - Airplane certificate - your license to to teach. Our program then moves through the Certified Flight Instructor- Instrument training, which will prepare you to instruct students in IMC and further sharpen your skills as an instrument pilot. You will be able to add instrument students to the list of students that you can now teach.
In the Certified Flight Instructor- Multiengine training, you will learn how to teach students in multiengine airplanes. This training is very challenging and you need to be at the top of your game. Upon completion you will be licensed to instruct multiengine students and gain valuable multiengine flight time.
You are now ready for you professional pilot career. Spread your wings and fly!
Below is a break-down of the approximate hours of training that you will undergo for each phase of training. Individual experiences will vary. All students must meet the minimum standards of the appropriate FAA practical test standards (PTS) to be eligible to take the FAA practical test of each phase.
Resource Per Hour Rate 25 Hour Block Rate 50 Hour Block Rate
*FTD - Flight Training Device
1. These hours are based on SAA Syllabi. Individual experiences will vary. All students must meet the minimum standards of the appropriate FAA practical test standards (PTS) to be eligible to take the FAA practical test of each phase.
2. All Prices subject to change.
3. Block rates require compliance with SAA payment schedule.
4. FAA practical and knowledge tests are not included.
5. Books and materials are not included.
Cessna 150 $115 $110 $105
Cessna 172 $150 $145 $140
Cessna 172RG $165 $160 $155
BE-76 Duchess $250 $245 $240
FTD* $75 $70 $65
Instruction $75 $70 $65